Monday, May 15, 2006

The Office

With season 2 wrapping up, The Office is well on it's way to being a blockbuster television show. If you're looking for a Friends or Seinfeld fix, tune in Thursday nights on NBC. Based on the popular British series, this faster-paced American version follows the daily interactions of a group of office employees with the cameras recording their thoughts and actions Survivor style. If you're still not convinced, atleast check out the opening for the best theme song EVER...but we bet you'll stay to the very end!

[nitty]

My favorite episode so far has to be the "Christmas Special" which aired December 6, 2005. Michael hosts a Christmas party at the office, but somehow manages to damper the holiday spirit when he changes the arranged Secret Santa pairs to a game of "Yankee Swap," where everyone gives their pre-bought presents to a different, random worker. To boost morale, Michael introduces vodka shots while the others compete for an iPod, the gift given by Michael even though he told everyone else the money limit was only 25 bones!

Michael: [asking the cashier (not rhetorically) in his attempt to spruce up the office party] Do you think 15 bottles of Vodka is enough to get 20 people plastered?

[sharks]

My favorite episode is "Performance Review" which aired on November 11, 2005. The best side plot of all time occurs when Pam and Jim try to convince Dwight that the day is Friday instead of Thursday. I can't even do this scene justice. Just read the transcript:

Jim: [to the camera] Dwight thinks it's Friday so that's what I'm going to be doing this afternoon.
Pam: [trying to make Dwight think that it's Friday] Hey, did you watch The Apprentice last night?
Jim: Yeah, I can't believe who they kicked out!
Pam: Oh, I know!
Dwight: Damn it! I missed it! I was out drinking with my Laser Tag Team, I can't believe I did that! I never go out on Thursday nights.
[looks down shaking his head]
Jim: [raises hands in the air whispering] Yes!

Dwight: [running into work the next day after realizing it really was a Friday and not Saturday] I'm here! It's okay!

Must See TV has never been so good.

1 Comments:

Blogger nitty said...

Just saw the 'performance review' episode. My favorite scene is when Dwight is playing air guitar in preparation for his review.

9:04 PM, June 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home